Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Prayer Request

You've all had some yucky prayer requests lately, so I'm gonna add one more. Please pray for my mom. It seems like every time my kids get sick, so does she (which isn't too surprising since she watches them a lot). But with her lung problem she really struggles getting well again. She has to go on strong antibiotics, which we all know is not good for her, and it takes her weeks, or extra rounds to get her well again. Then not a week or two later she's back on them again with problems. So this last go round she broke out with welts and a rash. She went to the urgent care in Pueblo and they said it was a reaction from the build up of a particular antibiotic in her system. They put her on Prednizone (sp?) and Benedryl and it seem to clear it up but it is back again and she has been off her antibiotic. And in the mean time her breathing problem is getting worse. She feels horrible. She's been on the line of being diagnosed with COPD for a while, which eventually kills the person that has it. I feel like this could be a turning point in my mom's health and something needs to give in order for her to stick around long enough to see my kids graduate high school. (That is a goal of hers.)
I know that her being around the kids when they are sick is much of the problem. I don't want to be selfish here, but we can't afford to pay a babysitter either. I pretty much refuse to hand over what I make doing massages to some teenager, but we can't afford to not have that income in the winter time.
We're going to have to some thinking and praying for a solution. An obvious one is to keep my kids well more of the time, but that is easier said than done when they are in the church nursery and MOPS.
And it's not like my mom is knocking on death's door right now or anything, but it is finally hitting me that she can't keep up like she has been the last couple of months.
Pray for us that God will close and open doors as he see fit.

2 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom! I will pray for her and the whole situation. It is kind of weird thinking we are to the age already where our parents start visiting the hospital more, uh? Tell her to eat lots of soy yogurt and start that tapping thing:) Hang in there.

Tiana said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom, too. I hope the warm air of summer will help her and your kiddos stay away from all the sickness that gets passed around. I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Music