Monday, June 30, 2008

MOPS Garage Sale

This past weekend we had our MOPS garage sale to help fund our upcoming year. Thursday night we drug everything out and priced all the items, but since there were only two of us doing it, it to FOREVER! But, we did get it done and on both Friday and Saturday mornings we woke up bright and early and sold as much as we could. We managed to sell about $600 worth and most of that was from the baby clothes we had. We didn't have any girl clothes even! Anyway, it was well worth the time and effort and we had fun just the group of us hanging out. The hardest part of the whole thing was that DJ was gone Thursday through Saturday for a fire, so I had to take my kids, but luckily they were fairly well behaved and had fun playing with the other kids.
I'm not sure I mentioned it, but MOPS is going to be at our church next year and I'm totally excited about it. Our numbers were really dwindling toward the end of last year, but rumor is everyone is very happy about us switching churches. God's totally been in control over this years events and leaders. I know it will be a much better experience this year than last. Not that any of you have a lack of things to pray about, but if you think of it, please pray for our MOPS group. We're really hoping we can reach many more moms in our community and provide for them the opportunity to come to know the Lord. Not just moms that are already Christians.
I can't wait to see where God takes us!

1 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

Wow, I'm glad you made so much money off of that fundraiser. I hope this year will be great and you can meet some new fun friends.

Music