Saturday, June 7, 2008

Big Boy and Big Quads

We took Jerome to his 18 month check-up yesterday. All is well and he's pretty healthy over all. Dr. Cunningham has been very understanding about us not doing vaccinations, and that has been such a blessing. I'm not ready to give up my pediatrician, but don't agree with everything they do, either. And I think she's the best we've got in our parts. So when she checked our charts she said, "So, we're holding off on shots, right?" I of course said yes, but thought, "Sure, whatever terminology makes you feel good!" It made me chuckle inside.
Of course Jerome got weighed and since we were in there just three weeks ago for a vicious sinus infection we got to see how much weight he had gained. Here's where the Big Boy part of the title comes in. He gained 2 pounds in 3 weeks! Newborns hardly grow that fast! That threw him into the 90% pecentile for height and weight. The doctor couldn't even believe it and confirmed what I already assumed: he's gonna be tall.

I thought I'd weigh Bailey since we were there and she even gained 1 pound in the last three weeks. Not bad for the girl who gained only 4 pounds between ages 1 and 2. So now Bailey weighs 28 pounds and Jerome weighs 27 pounds. That's why I keep getting people asking me if they are twins. It's almost on a daily basis now. Together they weigh 55 pounds. That number will come in later.

K, now for the Big Quads. You all know that I've been running three days a week since about mid March. Amy and I've hung in there pretty well and have only skipped a few days in there. But since neither of us were getting the results we were wanting (I want to drop about 10-15 pounds and she doesn't need to lose weight but wants to tone up her legs and butt) we consulted the professional Whitney and she suggested hills and speed work and other evil activities. So now 1-2 days a week we are torturing ourselves with things like stadium bleacher running and running up Skyline drive. Or at least we're trying to do those things. And I hurt! And as if the pain wasn't bad enough I decided in the name of high gas prices I would borrow a bicycle trailer from a friend to see if I could haul my hiney and my kids' hineys over to my parents house. This is my main traveling and it is only about a mile with at least 25 stop signs so, I figure that's why my gas mileage is crap. (Well, and that our car is a gas guzzler.) I go over to my parents a lot during the day to drop off my kids and to pick them up again. Some days I will make up to 6 one way trips! Anyway, a mile is a piece of cake, but then you add my heavy children, plus a 28 pound trailer, that's a lot of extra weight! 83 pounds to be exact. Plus there's this itty bitty hill on Myrtle that doesn't feel so itty bitty on my body! I think you get the picture. I'm going to have HUGE quads for Di's wedding. Good thing you didn't get us short dresses. It could have been ugly. Very Ugly.

3 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

I love the idea of us doing our "hike up the dress" pictures at the wedding and seeing your buldging quads! I think Di would appreciate it too. Think of the gas you'll be saving, not to mention the pollution too. Good luck and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got another soccer player in the making!

I'm with Whit. We could definately do a photo at the wedding to show-case your awesome new quads!;)

Tiana said...

Okay, so we'll showcase your awesome quads, and Tiana will take the picture to hide her dimpley ones! :) Glad you're liking the workout routine...sounds like a beast, but it feels great afterwards, right?

Jerome is going to be a big boy! Guess it's better than having a mammoth little girl and a scrawny little boy though. :) They sure are cute little kids!!

Music