Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things I've Learned

Tiana inspired this post I'm writing. In just the past few days, a few of these things have really hit home to me. I'm sure you can relate.

Since having kids I've discovered that:

You can be sitting right next to a fairly well behaved kid that's coloring with markers and not even notice that he's coloring all over his body until his arms are a nice tie-died blue and green.

That just because you're having "one of those days" or "one of those weeks" or even "one of those years" doesn't mean you're a bad mom or wife.

Even though your child can't talk doesn't mean that he doesn't understand what you're saying.

Even though your child can't talk doesn't mean that he can't communicate with you.

We have to truly cherish life. Even the bad times, because at any moment it could be our time to go. Or our child's time to go. Or our dad's, or mom's, or brother's. But at the same time, we can't live in fear of those events.

You'll have the pants shocked off of ya when your kid who refuses to eat any thing healthy for him willingly devours (and I mean DEVOUR) a half pound of asparagus. Who knew?! You'll even take pictures for proof and write it on the calendar!

A book can be taped back together with packing tape as many times as you need to in order to keep the peace.
We can do a lot more than we think we can. Like raise babies, run businesses, live away from "home", plan weddings, and adopt kids. And furthermore we're old enough to do all those things!

In hind sight God knew exactly what He was doing when we had no clue what He was doing.

2 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

I love this post. I really like the last line...oh the plans God has for us.

Tiana said...

I love it! The pictures were great, too! There is a lot to learn. I can't even imagine what a "Things I've learned" blog will look like even 10 years from now.

Music