Friday, August 29, 2008

East Slide Rock Ridge Fire

Here's a picture of the fire DJ is on right now near Jarbidge, Nevada. (Yeah, Nevada has some dumb names for their towns. Winnemucca, anyone?) He finally got a minute to call (four minutes exactly) and said the fire is around 35,000 to 40,000 acres now. He sounded totally exhausted and said that he's had lots of long days and short nights. He also mentioned that he's really having a tough time being away from us this time. I know it's tough for them when they're sleeping in a tent on the fire and not being able to call home. Maybe if you girls think about it, you could say a quick prayer for him that he'll have plenty of strength and be alert enough to stay safe. His last day on the fire should be the 7th and then he will have two days travel home. It seems like forever away, especially when I know he's having a hard time. Anyway, I'm doing pretty well considering. I hate going to bed (hence it being 11 pm) when he's not home, so I've been a bit tired. We're staying busy so hopefully the 9th will come soon!

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Hey. I'll pray for him. Being apart is hard, for however long and whatever reason, it's just an uncomfortable kink for everyone. I hope this week flies by for you all! Sorry I haven't blogged lately. They're bad excuses, but there really wasn't much exciting news, nor was I home a lot to share. Forgive me, Buddy.

Kellie said...

Praying he stays safe and comes home soon.

Music